20 Jun People Are Talking (About Real Baby Food)
Real Baby Food has been out for almost two months, and I’m happy that it has received a strong response. I believe so much in making cooking easy and accessible for parents, and it was my goal with Real Baby Food to show moms and dads that whether they’re cooking for a 6 month-old or a 6 year-old, feeding and eating with kids can be fun, enjoyable, and delicious for everyone involved.
I’ve been honored to have Real Baby Food featured on many of my favorite sites and thought I’d share the full list in case you missed any of these thoughtful posts.
- Yahoo! Parents featured three recipes from Real Baby Food, saying this is “toddler food parents will want to eat too.”
- Raise Healthy Eaters reviewed the book from a nutritional and feeding perspective, saying, “What I like most is the book’s focus on health for the entire family. This means the goal is for babies to eventually eat what the grownups are eating, which not only encourages healthy eating for the whole family, but is convenient and cost effective. And Helwig knows what she’s doing — the recipes look amazing!” Thanks!
- The book’s nutritional guru Natalia Stasenko showcased the book on her blog. Natalia, a pediatric dietitian, played an incredibly important role in the writing of Real Baby Food. She contributed essays on food allergies, gluten, vegetarian babies, and much more. Plus, she analyzed the nutrition for all of the recipes, and most importantly, she made sure I didn’t say anything nutritionally inaccurate!
- Clancy at Fields of Flavor highlighted Real Baby Food alongside her excellent book Feeding Baby. Clancy calls Real Baby Food “a teaching guide that will benefit the entire family.”
- American Baby magazine excerpted puree recipes from Real Baby Food in its May issue; the recipes now live on Parents.com.
- I wrote a guest post for Hike it Baby, featuring easy snacks for little ones to take on the trail or really anywhere in the great outdoors.
- New York Family Magazine included a Q&A with me discussing both Real Baby Food and Smoothie-licious in its June issue.
- Happy Belly Baby launched its blog with a feature on Real Baby Food! (Wow!)
Spreading the word about Real Baby Food has been almost as fun as writing the book, and I’m excited to continue sharing easy recipes and practical feeding tips with more parents.
Photo by Lauren Volo